The venue, and training… of the distance workouts focus on the three pieces of critical endurance training - VO2 max on a track, “tempo”, or lactate-threshold work on the road, and “repetitions” for form. Each workout pace and volume is personalized for each runner. No one does vague “effort” based workouts.
The coaching and expertise…Todd Weisse holds a Level 3 USAT&F (United States Track and Field), and an IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) Academy Diploma certifications, the highest level of coaching certifications available from the twin governing bodies of our sport.
The confidence, and trust…Todd Weisse is listed on the official USAT&F Registry of coaches who pass a rigorous background check.
7/28/13 – WBTC’s Evelyn Konrad is Wall Street’s Fittest Female!
Konrad made her debut at The RBC Decathlon, and WON the overall women’s title today at Columbia University’s Wein Stadium, winning 5 individual events.
6/3/13 – Just returned from Texas A&M with alumnus Bill Shelton and son, Austin. An incredible weekend just before the NCAA final.
Follow me on Twitter @toddweisse
5/5/13 - Carine Sudres continues her tear, crushes a nearly 6-minute PR, running a 1:32 at the Long Branch, NJ Half.
Kari Smith gets second overall among women in the Long Branch, NJ marathon, with a 3:04 PR.
4/6/13 – Carine Sudres PR’s in the Scotland 10K with a 42:07, placing fifth in her age group. Andrea Kent wins her age group with a 43:51.
3/25/13 - Huge congratulations to WBTC sprinter, Evelyn Konrad on her W45 age-group USAT&F Masters Indoor National Title in the 200m this weekend. Here’s the official announcement by USAT&F New York:
Edwards, Gaitlin, Sr., and Konrad Claim Gold at USA Masters Indoor Championships
A total of thirty USATF New York athletes recently competed in the USA Masters Indoor Track & Field Championships held over the weekend (March 22-24) in Landover, Maryland.
Lisa Edwards, Darnell Gaitlin, Sr., and Evelyn Konrad all returned to New York with gold medals and national titles to add to their resumes. Edwards (Bronx, N.Y.), competing in the 30-34 age division, won the 200m (28.89) and 400m (1:03.41). Gatling, Sr. (Bronx, N.Y.), the U.S. M45 record holder in the 400m hurdles, won the 50-54 60m hurdles in a time of 8.85. Konrad (New York, N.Y.), competing in the 45-49 age division, won the 200m with a time of 29.01.
Eight athletes won silver medals during the competition. Lisa Daley, 42, (New York, N.Y) and Daniel Harris (Larchmont, N.Y.) each earned two silver medals. Daley, the U.S. W40 record holder in the 400m hurdles, finished second in the Long Jump (4.32m) and Pentathlon (2896 points). Harris earned his podium finishes in the Long Jump (5.09m) and Triple Jump (10.76m). Other second place finishes were earned by:
Todd Weisse is the Head Coach of the club. His credentials and training include:
- Level 3 USAT&F (USA Track & Field) Certification in Sprints and Hurdles.
- IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) Academy Diploma in Sprints and Hurdles.
- Level 2 USAT&F Certification in Youth Coaching.
- USTFCCCA (United States Track & Field Cross Country Coaches Association), The Track and Field Academy, Specialty Certification in Sprints/Hurdles/Relays.
- RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) Certification.
- Listed on the USAT&F Registered Coaches Program. The USATF Registered Coaches Program was conceived to establish a set of standards for all coaches affiliated with USA Track & Field. The program involves a four-pronged process, which results in a published list of coaches who have demonstrated the ethics, honesty and trustworthiness necessary for endorsement by the national governing body. The centerpiece of the process is a comprehensive Code of Conduct which focuses on only the highest ethical and honorable standards. (Link: http://www.usatf.org/Resources-for—/Coaches/Coaches-Registry/Coaches-Registry.aspx)
- Director of Operations, Columbia University Track & Field/Cross Country Program, 2009-present.
The Williamsburg Track Club (WBTC) is a coached, New York City running group of distance athletes, sprinters and casual runners. We train on the track at McCarren Park in Brooklyn on Tuesday at 7:15pm, and on the road in Central Park on Thursday at 7:15pm. Distance runners typically do VO2 max work on Tuesdays, and tempo (lactate-threshold) on Thursdays. You are welcome to try us out.
8-week cycles are priced at $140 for once-a-week training, and $190 for twice-a-week training.